Monday, January 24, 2011

Go Pack Go!

I''m not a huge sports fan, and really the only sport I watch or even care about is NFL football, not college football, just NFL.  My entire family is from Wisconsin, which makes me a Green Bay Packers fan.  So imagine my excitement when the Packers won the NFC title game and are now on their way to the Superbowl!  My beloved Packers haven't been to the Superbowl since 1997 when they got beat by John Elway and the Denver Broncos.  Now, I wish they weren't going to be playing the Steelers in two weeks.  The Steelers are one of my two least favorite teams, and they just played in the Superbowl 2 years ago and beat the Arizona Cardinals.  A few years before that, they went to the Superbowl and beat Seattle, so it just stands to reason that they are due to be defeated, and I think the Packers are just the team to beat them.  It gets tiring watching the same teams play year after year in the biggest game of the year.  It's even worse when they when year after year...I mean, how many superbowl rings do Big Ben and Tom Brady actually need anyway??  I think what really drives me crazy about the Steelers is all the "bandwagon" fans they seem to have.  I think I read somewhere that they are the most popular team in the NFL, and I know a few fans in Arkansas that have absolutely no ties to Pittsburgh or the state of Pennsylvania.  For some Steeler fans, it could be the appeal of the historic franchise that is the Pittsburgh Steelers, but if we're talking about historic football franchises, then they're should be a lot of Green Bay Packer fans out there, too, and I think that there are. 

Anyway, it doesn't matter which team you root for or if you just watch the Superbowl for the commercials, there's no denying that the Superbowl is the biggest sporting event of them all.  So, just have fun and if you don't have a preference for either team, then feel free to throw your support to the Packers....they're due for a win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment